[Lustre-discuss] OST corruption?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Apr 19 00:30:31 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-16, at 10:49, "Verduzco, Benjamin P." <BENJAMIN.P.VERDUZCO at saic.com<mailto:BENJAMIN.P.VERDUZCO at saic.com>> wrote:

 I’m having trouble with a filesystem after a planned outage.  I’m new to Lustre, but I’ll do my best to explain what I’m seeing.

·         I have a 1.6.7.2 MDS and 4 1.8.5 OSS’s.

In general, while it is possible to have mismatched client and server versions, it is never a good idea to run different Lustre versions on the servers.

Cheers, Andreas

 When I brought the system up, it reported the used space incorrectly (df –h shows 166T total, 150T used and 7.1 T free)

·         I unmounted and ran e2fsck on all of the OST’s and the MDS without error, but when I remounted everything the error persisted.

·         When I ran lfsck in read-only mode, it basically showed all of the files on the two OST’s of a single OSS as “not created”.

Is there a way to save this data?

Thanks,
Ben Verduzco | SAIC
Systems Administrator | Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG)
phone: 858-826-3884 | pager: 877-619-3140
benjamin.p.verduzco at saic.com<mailto:benjamin.p.verduzco at saic.com> | saic.com<http://www.saic.com/>