[Lustre-discuss] Remove a lost OST

Lombardi, Johann johann.lombardi at intel.com
Tue Jun 4 05:20:57 PDT 2013

On 4 juin 2013, at 10:28, Alfonso Pardo <alfonso.pardo at ciemat.es> wrote:
> #> ls
> -?????????   ? ?       ?         ?            ? .viminfo
> #> rm –f .viminfo
> rm: cannot remove `.viminfo': Invalid argument

rm still tries to stat the filename to find out whether it is regular file or a directory. You should be able to delete the file with the "unlink" command.

> Can somebody tell my how I remove this files from the filesystem and

You can use "lfs find" to list all the files that have an object on this OST. Please see the section entitled "Removing an OST from the File System" in the Lustre manual.

> erase permanent the lost OST0014?

As said in the manual, the OST can be permanently disabled via conf_param. However, it will still show up in the OST list. To totally remove this OST from the configuration, you will have to regenerate the Lustre config logs with the writeconf procedure which is also detailed in the manual.

HTH

Cheers,
Johann
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros