[Lustre-discuss] EIOW Meeting Agenda - June 20 - Leipzig Marriott

Kati Clendening kati_clendening at xyratex.com
Thu Jun 6 08:05:22 PDT 2013

We are looking forward to seeing you at the EIOW meeting in Leipzig at the
Marriott Hotel on June 20.  Our agenda will include the EIOW community and
its needs for licenses, code releases and a community forum, a continued
study of requirements for exciting projects like SKA, the experiences with
current I/O middleware and the beginning of the implementation of EIOW's
core, RAS and HA components.

If you haven't already done so, please let Kati Clendening (
kati_clendening at xyratex.com) know of your participation, so that we may
offer you lunch.

Our past meetings have led in an organized fashion to an exciting project
with broad participation.  We hope to see you in Leipzig.

Peter J Braam
EIOW Founder
Parallel Scientific / Xyratex

Agenda EIOW meeting

Marriott Hotel, Leipz*ig - Colorado III meeting room*

6/20/2013

9:00 - 9.30 Hugo Falter, Partec / EOFS - opening remarks & legal issues

9.30 - 10.00 Peter Braam, Parallel Scientific - EIOW: History, outlook and
recent achievements

10.00 - 10.45 Jonathan Jouty, Xyratex / Parallel Scientific - Core API’s

10.45 - 11.15 Coffee Break

11.15 - 12.00 Mathieu Boespflug, Xyratex / Parallel Scientific - High
Availability - a further look

Lunch

13:00 - 14:00 Chris Broekema, The Square Kilometer Array: ExaScale IO
personified

14:00 - 15:00 Eric Barton, Quincey Koziol, John Bent, Intel Fast Forward,
DAOS, HDF5 and PLFS

15:00 - 15:30 Tea

15:30 - 16:00 Sai Narasimhamurthy, Xyratex - Simulation, Modeling & RAS

16:00 - 16:30 Julian Kunkel, University of Hamburg - SIOX

16:30 - 17:00 Andre Brinkman, University of Mainz, TBD

17:00 - 17:30 Discussion

Bios & Abstracts of new participants

Chris Broekema

The Square Kilometer Array: ExaScale IO personified

The Square Kilometer Array is a new radio telescope to be built in Southern
Africa and Western Austria starting in 2017. This project pushes ExaScale
IO to the absolute limit. It combines a streaming HPC requirement large
enough to seriously threaten the number 1 position in the top500, with a
high performance temporary storage facility with unprecedented read/write
capacity, and a very large archive system with associated compute hardware
for (re-)processing of science data.

In this talk I will introduce the telescope system, in particular the dataflow
from the antenna to the final image on the astronomer's

display, and show the major challenges faced along the way.

Chris Broekema is a researcher High Performance Computing at the Netherlands
Institute for Radio Astronomy (ASTRON). He designed, built and operated
several generations of HPC infrastructure for the LOFAR telescope in the
Netherlands, and is now heavily involved in the pre-construction phase of
the Square Kilometer Array.