[Lustre-discuss] up to date documentation

Stearman, Marc stearman2 at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 12 07:01:26 PDT 2013

LLNL also has two large (55PB and 7PB) file systems running Lustre 2.4 in production on our BlueGene/Q systems Sequoia and Vulcan.  We will also be transitioning all of our other production file systems (16+ PB) to Lustre 2.4 later this summer, so I would encourage you to look at 2.4 since you are building a new system.

Starting with a 1.8 file system and upgrading to a 2.x system will make it difficult to use some of the newer features of Lustre.  If you want to take advantage of any of the 2.x features, I would not start at 1.8.

-Marc

----
D. Marc Stearman
Lustre Operations Lead