[Lustre-discuss] Lustre over two TCP interfaces

Michael Shuey shuey at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 25 05:14:11 PDT 2013

Different interfaces need to be declared with different LNET networks -
something like "networks=tcp0(eth0),tcp1(eth1)".  Of course, that assumes
your clients are configured to use a mix of tcp0 and tcp1 for connections
(with each client only using one of the two).  This is really only useful
in corner cases, when you're doing something strange; if eth0 and eth1 are
in the same subnet (as in your example), this is almost certainly not
productive.

A better bet might be to use a single LNET, and bond the two interfaces
together - either as an active/passive pair, or active/active (e.g., LACP).
 Then you'd declare networks=tcp0(bond0), give the bond a single IP
address, and client traffic would be split across the two members in the
bond more like you probably expect (given the limits of the bond protocol
you're using).

--
Mike Shuey