[Lustre-discuss] Completely lost MGT/MDT

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Jun 26 15:26:51 PDT 2013

I am not aware of any tool or method to recover from a lost MGT/MDT. Do
you have any recent backups of your MDT device?

I would hold on to your MDT device with care and see if someone can help
you resurrect it.

--Jeff

On 6/26/13 3:01 PM, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:
> All,
>
> We have a sizeable filesystem and during a hardware upgrade, our MDT disk was completely lost.
> I am trying to find if and how to recover from such an event, but am not finding anything.
>
> We were running lustre 2.3 and have upgraded to 2.4 (or are in the process of it).
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Brian Andrus
> ITACS/Research Computing
> Naval Postgraduate School
> Monterey, California
> voice: 831-656-6238

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x101   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

/* New Address */
4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117