[Lustre-discuss] Completely lost MGT/MDT

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Fri Jun 28 14:25:52 PDT 2013

Basically, I was adding capacity to a system while doing a fresh install. Turns out /dev/sda which used to be the disk in the bottom slot became the disk in the top slot instead.
That happened to be where the MDT was, which was promptly repartitioned and formatted.

Not exactly something I was expecting....

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California