[Lustre-discuss] Disk array setup opinions

Jerome, Ron Ron.Jerome at ssc-spc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 11 06:01:59 PDT 2013

I am currently having a debate about the best way to carve up Dell MD3200's to be used as OST's in a Lustre file system and I invite this community to weigh in...

I am of the opinion that it should be setup as multiple raid groups each having a single LUN, with each raid group representing an OST, while my colleague feels that it should be setup as a single raid group across the whole array with multiple LUNS, with each LUN representing an OST.

Does anyone in this group have an opinion (one way or another)?

Regards,

Ron Jerome