[Lustre-discuss] OpenSFS Announcement - Tommy Minyard has been elected the new Community Representative Director for the 2013 Term

Cindy Soliz cindysoliz59 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:51:07 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Today OpenSFS <http://opensfs.org/> announced that Tommy
Minyard<http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/staff/tommy-minyard>from TACC has
been elected the Community Representative Director for the
2013 term. The term runs from March to March each year.

>From the early days, TACC has been a major supporter of the work OpenSFS
has done leading Lustre and other open source file systems development. I
thank the OpenSFS board for this vote of confidence. I really look forward
to contributing in this role, squarely focused on the community,” said
Tommy Minyard, Director of Advanced Computing Systems at the Texas Advanced
Computing Center (TACC). “Lustre has come a long way in the past two years,
but we need to continue to keep the community in the forefront. The more
involvement, the stronger the community gets.”

Minyard replaces Stephen Simms from Indiana University who has served as
Community Representative Director for an extremely successful 2012 term.
Read the Full Story<http://www.opensfs.org/press-releases/hpc-veteran-joins-opensfs-as-community-representative-director>
.
In related news, the Lustre User Group
2013<http://www.opensfs.org/events/lug13/>conference will take place