[Lustre-discuss] Single file write performance tuning

Mike Ware charnobyl3000 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:27:39 PDT 2013

Hi All,
I am currently working on a 3 node oss cluster on centos 6.3 with lustre
2.3 with 12 osts on qdr infiniband.  This is just a test bed cluster at
this point and will be further scaled out.  Currently my single file,
single client write speed is about 840MB/s (tested with dd). I'm looking to
get this up to 1300-1500MB/s with a multithreaded app to a single file from
a single client. The file is currently striped across all osts. Does anyone
have any tuning pointers to achieve this kind of performance for this setup?

Thanks
Mike