[Lustre-discuss] ldiskfs for MDT and zfs for OSTs?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Mon Oct 7 08:37:16 PDT 2013

In theory this should be possible, but we have not tested this for a long time since it isn't a configuration that is common.

Note that you need to configure the OST on a separate node from the MDT in this case. We have not implemented the ability to have multiple OSD types on the same node. I don't recall the details if why this won't work, but it doesn't.

Cheers, Andreas