[Lustre-discuss] ldiskfs for MDT and zfs for OSTs?

Anjana Kar kar at psc.edu
Mon Oct 7 13:54:13 PDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 04:27 PM, Ned Bass wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 02:23:32PM -0400, Anjana Kar wrote:
>> Here is the exact command used to create a raidz2 pool with 8+2 drives,
>> followed by the error messages:
>>
>> mkfs.lustre --fsname=cajalfs --reformat --ost --backfstype=zfs
>> --index=0 --mgsnode=10.10.101.171 at o2ib lustre-ost0/ost0 raidz2
>> /dev/sda /dev/sdc /dev/sde /dev/sdg /dev/sdi /dev/sdk /dev/sdm
>> /dev/sdo /dev/sdq /dev/sds
>>
>> mkfs.lustre FATAL: Invalid filesystem name /dev/sds
> It seems that either the version of mkfs.lustre you are using has a
> parsing bug, or there was some sort of syntax error in the actual
> command entered.  If you are certain your command line is free from
> errors, please post the version of lustre you are using, or report the
> bug in the Lustre issue tracker.
>
> Thanks,
> Ned

For building this server, I followed steps from the walk-thru-build* for
Centos 6.4,
and added --with-spl and --with-zfs when configuring lustre..
*https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8126821

spl and zfs modules were installed from source for the lustre 2.4 kernel
2.6.32.358.18.1.el6_lustre2.4

Device sds appears to be valid, but I will try issuing the command using
by-path
names..

-Anjana