[Lustre-discuss] Lustre buffer cache causes large system overhead.

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at uit.no
Tue Sep 3 03:57:23 PDT 2013

An admin at another site sent me this info (thanks Hans)

kernel component, BZ#770545
In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3, the
default value for sysctl vm.zone_reclaim_mode is now 0, whereas in Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.1 it was 1.

Just a heads up for anyone planning an upgrade...

r.

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 08:08:06 Dragseth Roy Einar wrote:
> The kernel docs for zone_reclaim_mode indicates that a value of 0
makes
> sense on dedicated file servers like MDS/OSS as fetching cached data
from
> another numa domain is much faster than going all the way to the disk.
For