[Lustre-discuss] [HPDD-discuss] Failure to connect to some OST from a client machine

Bob Ball ball at umich.edu
Thu Sep 5 13:14:31 PDT 2013

That is an interesting mix.  Nothing shows up at all on the clients,
even on those 3 that route to a second NIC.  On the OSS, it is quite the
mix of up/down on the 3 routers, with no obvious pattern.

Most of our traffic is on the 10.10 network, with the 3 machines shown
below routing to a small number of clients on a more public network.

FYI, the current situation is one in which all machines are happy, as
far as I can tell.

bob

Running lctl show_route on all machines in lustre_fss.txt
On umdist05.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umfs06.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umdist01.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umdist02.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umdist03.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp up
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umdist04.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp up
          Succeeded
On umdist07.local
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.50 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.52 at tcp down
net               tcp2 hops 1 gw                   10.10.1.51 at tcp down
          Succeeded
On umdist08.local