[Lustre-discuss] Lustre and ZFS notes available

Scott Nolin scott.nolin at ssec.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 14 06:40:11 PDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

Much of this information is notes and not in a finished format, so it's
a problem of how much time we have.

The other issue is contributing to the manual is somewhat cumbersome as
you have to submit patches -
https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Making+changes+to+the+Lustre+Manual+source

The bar there is a bit higher - we have to be pretty confident the
information that's added is correct, know if it's just for some versions
of lustre, and so on. As opposed to simply "here are our notes that work
for us".

I will try to review what we have and if anything looks really incorrect
or missing in the lustre manual we will attempt to issue a patch.

I think in general the lustre manual is correct, but not always
sufficient. I think the process does make sure incorrect stuff doesn't
go in at least, but makes it hard to add information.

Scott