[Lustre-discuss] Burst Buffer

Bassel Work basselwork at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 06:55:17 PDT 2014

Thanks Andrew,
Our primary goal is of using Burst Buffer for application acceleration for parallel I/O.
Checkpoint and recovery is also of interest. We are looking to design Burst Buffer in conjunction with the
PFS but also looking for a capability of Burst Buffer to work on separate failure domain of PFS .

Also the Burst Buffer should be capable of being partitioned and
allocated on a per job basis.
If you have any document speaks about this subject "Burst Buffer" in Luster filesystem; it will be highly appreciated to share it with me.
Best Regards,Bassel