[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on ZFS MDS/MDT failover

Ron Croonenberg ronc at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 1 09:41:32 PST 2014

Hello,

We're running/building Lustre on ZFS and I noticed that when using
mkfs.lustre on a zpool, when creating the MDT, with two --mgsnid
parameters, one for the MGS and one for the MGS fail over, causes a
problem resulting in not being able to mount the MDT. (I think it tries
to connect to the fail over instead of the actual MGS)

In ldiskfs it just works and I can mount the MDT.

For MDT/MDS fail over, is it enough to just specify the --failnode
parameter or does the --mgsnid parameter need to be specified too?

thanks,

Ron