[Lustre-discuss] FW: [HPDD-discuss] Time to kill off some old LND driver

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 10:39:31 PST 2014

Forwarding this to lustre-discuss and the mxlnd author to reach the
maximum audience.

I definitely think qswlnd is beyond its useful lifetime (Quadrics is out
of business since 2009, so any systems using it are at least 5 years old),
and I believe ralnd is the same boat (it was only used for much older Cray
systems).  No idea if anyone is still using mxlnd?

On 2014/02/20, 9:08 AM, "Simmons, James A." <simmonsja at ornl.gov> wrote:
>Currently the main LND drivers in the tree are o2iblnd, gnilnd, and
>socklnd. We also have a few drivers which are up for discussion for
>removal.
>The drivers up for discussion for removal are:
>
>qswlnd
>mxlnd
>ralnd
>
>If anyone is using these drivers speak up otherwise their removal will be
>put into the pipeline.

Lustre Software Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division