[Lustre-discuss] lustre upgrade 1.8.7 to 2.X advice

Gretchen Zwart zwart at astro.umass.edu
Tue Jun 3 08:29:03 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am looking for advice on lustre upgrade paths. I do have backups but it
would be time consuming to do a fresh install. I'm interested in stability,
fewest upgrade gotchas and ease of install. I need to stick with Debian for
clients, but could move to Centos 6.4 for servers. I'm fine with doing my
own builds, but would also be happy to use available rpms (or debs if I
could find them). I'm using infiniband (DDR) for most of the clients.

Current servers:
Debian 6
Lustre 1.8.7
OFED 1.5.2
Kernel SLES 11sp1

Current clients:
Debian 6 and 7
Lustre 1.8.7
OFED 1.5.2
Kernel SLES 11sp1

Thanks in advance for suggestions/opinions.
Regards,
Gretchen

--
Gretchen Zwart