[Lustre-discuss] MDT mount options (after upgrade 1.8.7 to 2.4.3)

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Wed Jun 18 08:28:32 PDT 2014

On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:46 AM, Gretchen Zwart <zwart at astro.umass.edu> wrote:

> I now need to sort out correct mount options for combined MDT/MGS (was
> w/ failover and quotas). I think the failover.node is the bad option
> but am not sure of the correct syntax. Presumably I will have to fix
> the params with tunefs.lustre for the OSTs as well...

You will need to use tunefs.lustre with the --servicenode=<NID> option to specify failover hosts.

>   Read previous values:
> Target:     lustre-MDT0000
> Index:      0
> Lustre FS:  lustre
> Mount type: ldiskfs
> Flags:      0x105
>              (MDT MGS writeconf )
> Persistent mount opts: errors=remount-ro,iopen_nopriv,user_xattr
> Parameters: failover.node=10.16.10.231 at o2ib,10.0.11.231 at tcp
> mdt.quota_type=ug2 mdt.group_upcall=/usr/sbin/l_getgroups

Those mount options match exactly what I have on my MDT, so I am not sure what Lustre is complaining about.

One other thing I forgot to mention before was that we had to set vm.zone_reclaim_mode=0 on our MDT to avoid problems with lustre threads getting stuck for long periods of time.  (This isn't directly related to the mount issue you currently have, but I thought I would mention it since you might find it important later on.)

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator