[Lustre-discuss] Is it safe to run MDS, MGS & OSS on the same machine ?

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Mar 4 10:59:19 PST 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 4:38 AM, 邓尧 <torshie at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're running low on physical machines, and want to deploy MGS, MDS and OSS on the same machine, is it officially supported ?
> I know that MGS and MDS can be put on the same machine, but not sure about OSS and MDS.

It is certainly possible to run an OSS and MDS on the same machine.  We have done this for some smaller scale testing and haven't run into any problems (at least not yet).  However, I don't have any information on potential performance issues that may or may not exist when running this configuration.  If you don't have a larger setup and don't require super high performance, I suspect this would work OK.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator