[Lustre-discuss] Fast error reporting

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Thu Mar 6 01:21:29 PST 2014

This is (or at least was) possible for OSTs if you enable "failout" mode, instead of the default "failover" mode. I don't know if we have tested this in a long time, since it isn't something that most people want.

However, it isn't currently possible to run the MDT in failout mode since there isn't much that can be done with a filesystem without the MDT, unless the application is continually writing to the same large file.

Cheers, Andreas