[Lustre-discuss] Remove filesystem directories from MDT

Pardo Diaz, Alfonso alfonso.pardo at ciemat.es
Mon May 26 12:21:03 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have some problems in my filesystem. When I browse the filesystem from a client, a specific directory have directories that contain the same directories, in other words:

LustreFS-> dir A -> dir B -> dir B -> dir B -> dir B -> dir B…

This directory, and its children, has the same obdidx/objid:

[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# lfs getstripe vm-106-disk-1.raw

vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw
lmm_stripe_count:   1
lmm_stripe_size:    1048576
lmm_pattern:        1
lmm_layout_gen:     0
lmm_stripe_offset:  19
        obdidx           objid           objid           group
            19         7329413       0x6fd685                0
[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# cd vm-106-disk-1.raw/
[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# pwd
/mnt/data/106/GNUSparseFile.2227/vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw
[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# lfs getstripe vm-106-disk-1.raw

vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw
lmm_stripe_count:   1
lmm_stripe_size:    1048576
lmm_pattern:        1
lmm_layout_gen:     0
lmm_stripe_offset:  19
        obdidx           objid           objid           group
            19         7329413       0x6fd685                0

[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# cd vm-106-disk-1.raw/
[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# pwd
/mnt/data/106/GNUSparseFile.2227/vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw
[root at client vm-106-disk-1.raw]# lfs getstripe vm-106-disk-1.raw

vm-106-disk-1.raw/vm-106-disk-1.raw
lmm_stripe_count:   1
lmm_stripe_size:    1048576
lmm_pattern:        1
lmm_layout_gen:     0
lmm_stripe_offset:  19
        obdidx           objid           objid           group
            19         7329413       0x6fd685                0

But when I mount the MDT with “Ldiskfs” I can see correctly the filesystem in the “ROOT” mdt directory.

I wish to remove from the client this looped directory (dir B in the example), but when I try to remove I get a “kernel panic" in the MDS/MGS.

is it a good idea remove a subdirectory in the MDT (with Ldiskfs mounted) in the “ROOT” mdt directory or I will get orphan objects in the OST, if I remove this directory in the MDT?

Thanks!!!

Alfonso Pardo Diaz
System Administrator / Researcher
c/ Sola nº 1; 10200 Trujillo, ESPAÑA
Tel: +34 927 65 93 17 Fax: +34 927 32 32 37

Confidencialidad:
Este mensaje y sus ficheros adjuntos se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente respondiendo al mensaje y proceda a su destrucción.

Disclaimer:
This message and its attached files is intended exclusively for its recipients and may contain confidential information. If you received this e-mail in error you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. In this case, please notify us by a reply and delete this email and its contents immediately.