[Lustre-discuss] Interpreting stats files

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Nov 10 10:14:11 PST 2014

On Nov 7, 2014, at 6:26 PM, Dilger, Andreas <andreas.dilger at intel.com> wrote:

> On 2014/11/07, 4:06 PM, "Dragseth Roy Einar" <roy.dragseth at uit.no> wrote:
>
>> Many thanks for the quick replies.  lltop seems to be a good start for a
>> tool to single out the heaviest IO users. Just need to create a wrapper
>> that maps the node names to torque jobids.
>>
>> Have a nice weekend!
>
> If you have Lustre 2.4 or later, you can enable the "Jobstats" aka "JobID"
> functionality in Lustre and it will handle the mapping of RPC statistics
> to Torque jobids already.
>
> This is described in the Lustre User Manual.
This is cool never seen it before!

https://build.hpdd.intel.com/job/lustre-manual/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/lustre_manual.xhtml#dbdoclet.jobstats

Question though, is it really per job? Or is it per node combining multi node jobs into one set of stats?

In our case we allow multiple jobs on a node, would job A and job B on the same node each have their own stats? Or will their stats overlap?