[Lustre-discuss] df running slow

Jon Tegner tegner at foi.se
Thu Nov 27 00:42:16 PST 2014

Thanks a lot!

I'm running 2.5.3 on the clients as well. When I try to run

lctl set_param lustre-OST0003-osc*.active=0

lustre complains with:

set_param: /proc/{fs,sys}/{lnet,lustre}/lustre-OST0003-osc*/active

so there seems to be a path issue here, since there is a file

/proc/fs/lustre/osc/lustre-OST0003-osc-ffff880c7cbc1800/active

which indeed already has the content "0".

Regarding "writeconf" (thanks for this hint as well) I was a bit scared
of using it since the manual states that it should be used with caution,
and since performance tests indicate that read and writes are performed
with the expected speed (so at the moment I don't see any other problem
than "df" running slow). Still suspect I have done something wrong,
since it worked OK before the reboot.

Thanks!

/jon