[Lustre-discuss] xattrs on Lustre

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Fri Oct 10 02:04:23 PDT 2014

Can you please be more specific about why you think xattrs are broken in 2.x?  What specific version, what command are you using, what UID/GID are you running as and what is the permission on the directory, what error did you get, etc.

We definitely test xattrs work for every patch that is landed, so such broad statements are hard to figure out what problem you are having.

Presumably since you reference LU-1482 it is the same use case (setting xattrs on a file not owned by the user but with write permission on the file granted by ACL)?  If not, please describe your use case more clearly.

Cheers, Andreas