[Lustre-discuss] OST RAID sets

Jon Tegner tegner at foi.se
Mon Oct 20 06:26:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

rather new to lustre, and read the following in the manual:

"For better performance, we recommend that you create RAID sets with 4
or 8 data disks plus one or two parity disks."

We were experimenting with OSTs with 6 disks, and tried raid set of both
4 and 5 disks (raid5). While testing for performance we didn't notice
any difference (4 was not noticeable faster than 5), so just wondering
if there are any references where the performance advantage of 4 or 8
data disks are verified.

Thanks!

/jon