[Lustre-discuss] How to efficiently get sizes of all files stored in Lustre?

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Sep 17 05:56:14 PDT 2014

I would like to add though, if you want to scan the filesystem quickly with robinhood, the current versions are _very_ slow,  but work with change logs so it can always be upto-date which could be go.

I personally rolled back to a 2.3 version for two reasons,

*We don't use change logs so scan speed is important
*The ENTIRES table schema is simple, and lets us to queries in HIVE and Pig must more easily, and even commands like:

rbh-report -i -P /limited/path/

Are much faster.  The above on newer versions of robinhood are slower than using find.

So if you find it slow, try an old version.  Or if you are using change logs and can have it run all the time, new versions should be fast enough to keep up with changes.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing
XSEDE Campus Champion