[lustre-discuss] Facing Problem with Wireshark dissectors of lustre

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Wed Apr 22 08:38:15 PDT 2015

What version of Lustre are you using, and what version of Wireshark?

If you are running client/OST/MDT on the same node then no messages are sent over the network, not even the TCP loopback interface.  You need to have client & servers on separate nodes to monitor the Lustre packets.

Lustre Software Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division