[lustre-discuss] lustre client server interoperability

Scott Nolin scott.nolin at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 12 08:02:47 PDT 2015

I'd just add that we've been generally OK for running a variety of 2.X
servers vs 2.whatever clients.

For our latest project I hear we're going to try 2.7 server and 2.8
client. The client machines for us are much more likely to need OS
versions pushed forward.

Regarding interim patches to Lustre, my feeling is the important thing
is to simply know what patches are critical. I believe all the patches
are still public from Intel (and how about others people providing
lustre patches).

There has been some discussion about sharing information on people's
patch sets on wiki.lustre.org, but I haven't see anything come out.

Patrick, is Cray providing public maintenance releases? Or sharing
information on important patches?

Scott