[lustre-discuss] possible to read orphan ost objects on live filesystem?

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Mon Aug 31 14:46:23 PDT 2015

I am recovering from lustre OST failure and subsequent file corruption.
We have striped files each with 1 missing chunk. I would like to dump
the remaining file chunks from the OST. We have some tools (eg. debugfs)
to grab the good chunks.

My question, if we put the filesystem into production (ie. users start
writing new files). What will happen to these good chunks ?

Does lustre consider these "orphan" inodes (and lfsck deletes them) ?

thanks,
chris hunter
chris.hunter at yale.edu