[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.7 deployment issues

Chris Hunter chris.hunter at yale.edu
Fri Dec 4 15:08:50 PST 2015

Hi Ray,

I'll throw my 0.02 into the ring:

There are known issues with the Truescale kernel driver in
redhat/centos/scilinux 6.6. You should try kernel 2.6.32-504.23.4 or
newer. Some details of the bug are in LU-6698 and RHSA-2015-1081.

Further, lustre 2.7+ now applies performance tuning parameters when
installed with the ko2iblnd kernel driver (LU-6735). The tuning
parameters are likely incompatible with older infiniband HCA adapters.
Our experience is they don't work for Truescale IB adapters.

If you are running lustre 2.5 servers and lustre 2.7+ clients these
tuning parameters likely will prevent your clients from mounting.

Fortunately you can disable the tuning parameters by modifying the
ko2iblnd modprobe config file. On our RHEL6 clients, we removed the line
"install ko2iblnd /usr/sbin/ko2iblnd-probe" from file
/etc/modprobe.d/ko2iblnd.conf

If you are running 2.7+ servers and 2.7+ clients then I believe this is
not an issue (LU-3322).

regards,
chris hunter
chris.hunter at yale.edu