[lustre-discuss] RE No free catalog slots for log ( Lustre 2.5.3 & Robinhood 2.5.3 )

wanglu wanglu at ihep.ac.cn
Sun Dec 6 17:55:15 PST 2015

Hi Alexander,

Before I recieved this reply, I deregistered the cl1 user. It took a very long time, and I am not sure if it successfully finished or not since the server crashed once the next morning.
Then, I  moved the old changelog_catalog file, and created  a zero changelog_user file instead.
This is what I got from the old changelog_catalog file.
# ls -l /tmp/changelog.dmp
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4153280 Dec  6 06:54 /tmp/changelog.dmp
    # llog_reader changelog.dmp |grep "type=1064553b" |wc -l
    63432
This number is smaller than 64768, I am not sure if it is related to the unfinished deregisteration or not.

The first record number is 1, the last record number of is 64767. I think there maybe some skipped record numbers:
    # llog_reader changelog.dmp |grep "type=1064553b" |head -n 1
    rec #1 type=1064553b len=64
    # llog_reader changelog.dmp |grep "type=1064553b" |tail -n 1
    rec #64767 type=1064553b len=64
    # llog_reader changelog.dmp |grep "^rec" | grep -v "type=1064553b"
return 0 lines.

By the way, are the llog files you mentioned virtual or real? if they are real, where are they located? Need I clean them manually ?

Thanks,
Lu,Wang