[lustre-discuss] lshowmount equivalent?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Mon Dec 14 16:26:40 PST 2015

I've pushed patch http://review.whamcloud.com/17593 to restore this tool
to the tree, but I'm not even sure if it builds yet.  If someone with a
vested interest in using this tool could take over that patch, then it can
land in a finite time, as I've never used it myself and have lots of other
things to work on.

That means someone who knows how this tool is supposed to work needs to
fix any compile problems, test it a bit manually, and make a short test in
conf-sanity.sh that verifies it continues to work as expected in the
future.

I don't mind to carry this in the Lustre tree, so that it can be updated
as things change (e.g. /proc to /sys conversion and such), but it needs at
minimum a new test so that it doesn't silently break in the future.

Cheers, Andreas

On 2015/12/14, 09:08, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Scott Nolin"
<lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org on behalf of
scott.nolin at ssec.wisc.edu> wrote:

>On 12/14/2015 12:43 AM, Dilger, Andreas wrote:
>> Is this a tool that you are using?  IIRC, there wasn't a particular
>>reason
>> that it was removed, except that when we asked LLNL (the authors) they
>> said they were no longer using it, and we couldn't find anyone that was
>> using it so it was removed in commit b5a7260ae8f along with a bunch of
>> other old tools.
>
>Thanks for the reply, indeed we were using it. We don't use it daily,
>but when doing some things it is really convenient.
>

>> If there is a demand for lshowmount I don't think it would be hard to
>> reinstate.
>

>If it makes more sense for it to be a separate tool outside the lustre
>code base, that'd be fine too I think.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

Lustre Principal Architect