[lustre-discuss] Building lustre with zfs only

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Dec 14 23:07:44 PST 2015

All,

Not sure what the issue is, but I am trying to build the server packages for lustre using zfs only.

I download the source and configure:

./configure  --without-ldiskfs --enable-server

This fails with:
checking zfs devel headers... -I /usr/src/zfs-0.6.4.2/lib/libspl/include -I /usr/src/zfs-0.6.4.2/include
configure: WARNING:

Disabling optional zfs osd due to missing development headers.

Support for zfs can be enabled by downloading the required packages for your
distribution.  See http://zfsonlinux.org/ to determine is zfs is supported by
your distribution.

configure: error: cannot enable servers, no backends were configured

So it seems to think I am missing the zfs devel headers, which are there in the path configure found them.

I suspect it may be that:

Package zfs-devel-0.6.2-1.el6.x86_64 is obsoleted by libzfs2-devel-0.6.4.2-1.el6.x86_64 which is already installed

Does anyone know if this is the case, or have any insight into how to get this built?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School