[Lustre-discuss] [HPDD-discuss] What's the status of liblustre ?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 23:17:40 PST 2015

On 2015/02/25, 10:34 PM, "Isaac Huang" <he.huang at intel.com> wrote:
>I'm not sure about liblustre, but user space support has already been
>removed from Lustre networking stack. I believe that'd eliminate any
>chance of FUSE Lustre client.
>
>-Isaac
>
>On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 11:59:23AM +0800, 邓尧 wrote:
>> The lustre wiki page
>> (http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/LibLustre_How-To_Guide) says it
>> isn't recommended, however the page itself is 5 years old.
>> I'm thinking about the possibility of implementing a FUSE lustre client.

There was talk of a FUSE client developed with liblustre already a few
years ago, but it was never released as far as I know.  Maybe someone who
was working on that could post a link to it here.

It would still be possible to do this with the liblustre code from Lustre
2.5 or so, but that wouldn't support some of the newer features being
developed (e.g. DNE), but it might be enough for your needs.

Lustre Software Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division