[Lustre-discuss] Build lustre 2.6 Client on Debian Wheezy

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Wed Jan 7 03:42:51 PST 2015

On 2015/01/07, 4:33 AM, "Kilian Cavalotti"
<kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com> wrote:

>Bonjour Thierry,
>
>> /bin/sh: 1: [: -lt: unexpected operator
>
>I'm pretty sure that's because in Debian, /bin/sh is linked to dash
>and the Lustre build script expects bash.
>
>You can try to run:
># dpkg-reconfigure dash
>choose No to link /bin/sh to bash, and re-run the make-kpkg part.
>Hopefully it will work better.
>
>I suggest to re-run "dpkg-reconfigure dash" afterwards to restore dash
>as the default shell.

Which script is under discussion here?  Definitely we've assumed bash is
available, and use bashisms heavily in the testing scripts, since bash
is standard on Linux.

If there are are a limited number of places where /bin/sh is assumed to be
/bin/bash then it makes sense to fix them so that Debian builds work
without users having to change their config.  Is this just a matter of
using "#!/bin/bash" explicitly in these scripts, or should they be changed
to conform to POSIX sh behaviour?

Lustre Software Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division