[Lustre-discuss] Newbie - Unable to mount the OST on the Client

Gupta, Amit amit.gupta at optum.com
Wed Jan 7 10:46:15 PST 2015

Rick,

I am not seeing any messages on the MGS.. The messages that I see on the Client ( on which I am trying the mount operation) are

Jan  7 17:32:27 client kernel: LustreError: 156-2: The client profile 'client1-client' could not be read from the MGS.  Does that filesystem exist?
Jan  7 17:32:27 client kernel: LustreError: 11278:0:(lov_obd.c:951:lov_cleanup()) client1-clilov-ffff8810334fa000: lov tgt 0 not cleaned! deathrow=0, lovrc=1
Jan  7 17:32:27 client kernel: Lustre: Unmounted client1-client
Jan  7 17:32:27 client kernel: LustreError: 13411:0:(obd_mount.c:1342:lustre_fill_super()) Unable to mount  (-22)

Is there is a way to check if the Client is getting to the MGS to read the profile information.  That would atleast prove that the LNET configuration is good.

Thanks