[Lustre-discuss] how do I deactivate a very wonky OST

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Wed Jan 14 15:11:34 PST 2015

Thanks Sean,

Right now neither help me as I had to bring the entire system up from scratch and NOT mount the bad OST.
So, now OST5 is not listed anywhere. The only knows it is missing.
Doing 'lctl dl' only show the OSTs that have been brought up.
If I try to bring it up, it registers, the MDS becomes aware, the OSS kernel panics and the MDS starts making everyone wait for it to come back.

Part of 'lfs df':
OST0005             : Resource temporarily unavailable

Hassle is I cannot really do an 'lfs find' for the files on the bad OST because the OST is not registered... stuck in a loop here...

If I could find a way to tag it as offline even though the MDS doesn't see it yet, that may help.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California