[Lustre-discuss] How to enable NRS scheduler or FCFS scheduler in Lustre 2.5

Nikitas Angelinas nikitas.angelinas at seagate.com
Thu Jan 15 13:17:08 PST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 7:49 PM, teng wang <tzw0019 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to change the lustre scheduler?

Yes; one can issue "lctl set_param <service>.nrs_policies=<policy name>.
This will attempt to set the NRS policy, by accessing the procfs
'nrs_policies' file for the respective ptlrpc service; the name of the
service needs to be fully qualified with respect to the base Lustre procfs
directory, which is normally in /proc/fs/lustre; for example,

# lctl set_param ost.OSS.ost_io.nrs_policies=crrn, will set the CRR-N
policy for the ost_io service, which handles bulk I/O transfers.

Each ptlrpc service has a separate policy setting (and ptlrpc services that
support high priority requests have two settings) and list of available
policies. Some policies have tunables to tailor their behaviour at runtime.

If interested, could you please have a look in the Lustre Operations Manual
at https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/ display/PUB/Documentation, in section 26.6.
"Network Request Scheduler (NRS) Tuning", for more information? To discover
the presence of any newer policies and features that may not have been
documented in the operations manual yet, an expedient way might be to issue
a $ find /proc/fs/lustre -name '*nrs*', and please post here if you have
further queries.

Cheers