[Lustre-discuss] Build lustre 2.6 Client on Debian Wheezy

Thierry Lamoureux thierry.lamoureux at noveltis.fr
Fri Jan 23 01:12:37 PST 2015

Hi,

I went further on my problem. I am still wanted to install lustre client module to a debian wheezy unpatched kernel.

Now the last step is working, it generates me the package :
lustre-client-modules-3.2.63-wheezy-client_2.6.0.0_amd64.deb

But I didn't know where the "3.2.63" came from.

When I list the packages I've installed I got :
# Dpkg --list |grep linux
ii  linux-headers-3.2.0-4-all-amd64            3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        All header files for Linux 3.2 (meta-package)
ii  linux-headers-3.2.0-4-amd64                3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Header files for Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64
ii  linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common               3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Common header files for Linux 3.2.0-4
ii  linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common-rt            3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Common header files for Linux 3.2.0-4-rt
ii  linux-headers-3.2.0-4-rt-amd64             3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Header files for Linux 3.2.0-4-rt-amd64
ii  linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64                  3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Linux 3.2 for 64-bit PCs
ii  linux-image-amd64                          3.2+46                        amd64        Linux for 64-bit PCs (meta-package)
ii  linux-kbuild-3.2                           3.2.17-1                      amd64        Kbuild infrastructure for Linux 3.2
ii  linux-libc-dev:amd64                       3.2.65-1+deb7u1               amd64        Linux support headers for userspace development
ii  linux-source                               3.2+46                        all          Linux kernel source (meta-package)
ii  linux-source-3.2                           3.2.65-1+deb7u1               all          Linux kernel source for version 3.2 with Debian patches

By the way, I've installed this package. Files are installed in the folder /lib/mobules/3.2.63-wheezy-client instead of /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64, which is the normal path of my unpatched kernel modules.

So of course, when I tried to make a modprobe, I got the following answer :
# modprobe lustre
FATAL: Module lustre not found.

I tried to transfer the files to the /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64 folder and then the return message is :
# modprobe -v lustre
insmod /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64/kernel/net/lustre/libcfs.ko
ERROR: could not insert 'lustre': Exec format error

If I tried to insert manually the lustre.ko module, I got the same message.

It would be great if some of you have an idea.

Regards,

Thierry.