[lustre-discuss] lustre 2.5.3 ost not draining

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Sun Jul 12 15:02:25 PDT 2015

I just thought of a possible solution... to my over all problem.

What if I put every directory in a pool that avoided the 97% full osts, and the osts on the bad oss.  Then set everyone back to read write and turn the qos_rr back to 17%.  Now no new writes will land on the full / bad osts, but they will still be open for writes.  I can then drain down the osts using lfs_migrate and the space should go down accordingly.

It is a hack, but it solves my two major problems (the full osts not draining properly and the qos round robin being broken).

w/r,
Kurt