[lustre-discuss] interrupted tar archive of an mdt ldiskfs

John White jwhite at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 13 10:23:09 PDT 2015

So I was migrating an MDT from one array to another with a tar pipe using the flags recommended in the manual.  Got something like 92M out of 120M done when a coworker inadvertently rebooted the node that was doing the tar.  Is there any way to resume this action?  I know tar doesn’t have a resume function, but can a sufficiently modern rsync handle the EAs and such?  Luckily we still have the source in tact, but I’d *really* like to get this migration done during the downtime we have right now...