[lustre-discuss] Lustre Server Sizing

Patrick Farrell paf at cray.com
Tue Jul 21 19:33:49 PDT 2015

Note the other email also seemed to suggest that multiple NFS exports of Lustre wouldn't work.  I don't think that's the case, as we have this sort of setup at a number of our customers without particular trouble.  In the abstract, I could see the possibility of some caching errors between different clients, but that would be only namespace stuff, not data.  And I think in practice that's ok.

But regardless, as Andreas said, for the Linux clients, Lustre directly will give much better results.