[lustre-discuss] Consequences of reducing the number of service threads (lustre 2.5.3)

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Wed Jul 22 11:22:47 PDT 2015

Hello,

   Several of my oss systems have been experiencing exceptionally high load, and I was looking at reducing the number of service threads to mitigate this... but I was wondering if that would reduce the systems overall performance.  I was also wondering if adding more ram to the system might reduce the instances of the following errors:

LNet: Service thread pid 6232 completed after 258.73s. This indicates the system was overloaded (too many service threads, or there were not enough hardware resources).

w/r,
Kurt