[lustre-discuss] Target names changing when mounting

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Fri Jul 31 13:51:54 PDT 2015

I use multipathing and the labels actually work well. They are merely links to the dm-xx device.

You know one of the other issues is when you use /etc/ldev.conf to map your mounts....
You see when you start lustre using the init script, it goes through that file and uses the label to help identify the mount. If it doesn't match it throws a fit. And if you just did a writeconf, it won't match....

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California