[lustre-discuss] Subject: Re: lustre2 cannot set ost to read only

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Mon Jun 15 13:11:32 PDT 2015

Thanks,

   At first I was a bit concerned that the ost wasn't set to read only, but after I observed it for a bit I realized that it was just not being reported as read only.  I agree that it is quite annoying... as, under lustre 1.8 I had the mds occasionally set osts to read only (discovered by using the lctl command).

cat /proc/fs/lustre/lov/*/target_obd
<other osts>
12: lustre2-OST000c_UUID INACTIVE
13: lustre2-OST000d_UUID INACTIVE
14: lustre2-OST000e_UUID INACTIVE

>cat /proc/fs/lustre/lov/*/target_obd
>
>I forget which version this bug appeared in, that the lctl command does
>not show the IN state.  I am hoping it will be fixed in the 2.8 release
>as it is really annoying.
>
>bob

Kurt J. Strosahl
System Administrator
Scientific Computing Group, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility