[Lustre-discuss] The number of threads on OSS

teng wang tzw0019 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:25:28 PDT 2015

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the answer. I read the manual, it seems service threads are

dedicated to three responsibilities according to ost, ost_io, ost_create.

It says ost.OSS.ost is for 'normal data' and ost.OSS.ost_io is for bulk
data

I/O. What's the difference between these two parameters?

Also Lustre manual says OSS can adjust the number of service threads

according to the workload but there is no explanation on how to adjust, do

you know the algorithm it uses to adjust the thread?

Thanks,

Teng