[lustre-discuss] zfs -- mds/mdt -- ssd model / type recommendation

Charlie D Whitehead III charlie at charliewhitehead.com
Wed May 6 10:15:11 PDT 2015

We did something similar to what Marc described. All of our data is ingested via tape, so it already exists in backup and archive media/facilies. Only data that can be quickly restored is ever copied onto the Lustre file system. We have home directories served on a separate file system, which is backed up, and users know to save there for long-term retention. Our MDTs total at ~100TB, so we try to avoid any little thing that may cause us un-necessary grief. Luckily, we used advice from others in the Lustre community, and did not have to learn some of these lessons on our own.

Regards
--
Charlie D Whitehead III
508.596.0710