[lustre-discuss] lustre -- deployed configurations -- experiences -- software - hardware

Kevin Abbey kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu
Thu May 7 12:10:28 PDT 2015

Dear list,

All of the replies to my last email are very helpful.  This made me
wonder if it would be of interest to create a new method to collect
implementation details and compare usage of the lustre
software/hardware.  This could be an automated script or a voluntary
form lustre /admin/users can complete when creating a new
implementation.  These real examples and user experiences may be
interesting to gather and learn from.

Clearly many  on this list are already willing to share notes.  A
form/method of some sort may encourage more involvement and create
opportunity for discussion/learning from each other.  The developers
already do this for the software usage via git and bug
reporting/tracking.  The hardware and deployment information is more
obscure, diverse, at least to me as a new admin user.

Thanks again for all of the useful suggestions,
Kevin

--
Kevin Abbey
Systems Administrator